- How much do lessons cost?
Lessons cost $35 per half-hour session and include opportunities to participate in a number of other events for free or at a discount. Events include Student Jams, Recitals, and a number of classes, many of which utilize our professional recording studio, Blast House Studios (www.blasthousestudios.com).
- When do I pay for lessons?
The first lesson is a trial lesson and payment ($35) for this single lesson is due at the time of the lesson. If you continue beyond the first lesson, then lessons are paid for via monthly tuition. All payments are made directly to your instructor.
- When are lessons held?
Lessons occur once per week, at the same time each and every week (no exceptions). We find a time that works for you and reserve that weekly time slot exclusively for you. We do not provide "every other week" lessons. We are open seven days a week in the afternoons and evenings (schedules vary by instructor).
- Where are lessons held?
All lessons take place exclusively at our main facility near the intersection of the Beltline Highway and Fish Hatchery Road (2818 Index Road, Fitchburg, WI). Click here for map.
- Are there age restrictions?
We have students ranging in age from 5 to 80+ years old. All of our instructors are very good with kids, and many have children of their own. Each instructor sets their own minimum age requirement for students.
- Are there group lessons?
We recognize the importance of collaborating with other musicians, and we offer frequent group activities for our students (workshops, classes, student jams, etc). However, we do not offer group music lessons because the single most effective way to learn an instrument is in a private, one on one setting with one student and one instructor.
- Can a family member and I both take lessons at the same time?
We are often able to find two different instructors with the same open time for your convenience. If you want the same instructor, we can usually find an hour long block of time for back to back lessons.
- Do I need my own instrument or do you rent instruments?
Students should bring their own instrument for lessons (we provide pianos, drum sets and guitar/bass amps). Currently we do not rent instruments. Contact us if you would like help finding a good place to shop for instruments. We will get you pointed in the right direction.
- If I can't make it to my lesson, who do I contact?
Please contact your instructor directly (there is no need to contact the office). If you're having trouble reaching him or her, then contact the office.
- If I can't make it to my lesson, do I have to pay?
The short answer is yes. However, every instructor has their own policy, so you should discuss it with them. Here are a few reasons why we think it's important to pay for every lesson:
- Part of what your paying for is your time slot. Your instructor is saving that spot for you whether or not you attend.
- Many instructors are willing to do makeups if their schedule allows. If you have to cancel, you can ask them about a makeup.
- There's a good chance you'll be more motivated to attend if you're paying for it.
- Instructors are earning a living by teaching. It's a struggle for so many musicians to get by. We and they greatly appreciate your understanding that their time is valuable.
- Do you sell gift certificates for lessons?
Yes, we have gift certificates for purchase in the office. Or if you want us to mail one to you, click here to order online.
- How do I get started?