- Hours of operation
Monday - Thursday: 2pm to 11:30pm
Friday: 2pm to 8pm
Saturday: 11am to 8pm
Sunday: 12pm to 8pm
- Rules of the Foundry
- Respect the facility and others within it.
- Do not engage in any conduct that others may find offensive or discriminating.
- There will be no more than ONE GUEST (non-band member) allowed in the room or in the building at any time unless otherwise approved by Madison Music Foundry.
- Minors are not allowed to rehearse without the presence of at least one adult.
- Madison Music Foundry will inspect rooms prior to, and after rehearsal. Renter WILL BE responsible and/or prosecuted to the full extent of the law if any property is defaced, stolen, broken, damaged or otherwise considered an unlawful act. If a piece of equipment is not working or you need technical assistance - ask for help. If you break something - just tell us.
- There will be no illegal drugs used or sold on these premises (including common area and parking lot) at any time. This also includes (but not limited to) minors partaking of alcoholic beverages or any other form of illegal consumption.
- How to schedule a rehearsal studio
Please call the office at 608-270-2660. You can e-mail us (info(at)madisonmusicfoundry.com) to check availability, but we prefer to talk to everyone in person or on the phone to confirm the session. Whenever possible, please schedule time 1 to 2 days ahead of time so we know how to plan the schedule. But feel free to call whenever you get the urge to practice, and we'll see what we can do. If you have a set schedule for when you practice, you can schedule that time slot weeks/months in advance.
- Cancellation policy
You may make changes to your reservation as long as you do so 48 hours before the reserved time. If you cancel or make any changes less than 48 hours you will be subject to the Cancellation Policy: Cancellations with less than 48 hour notice (including no-shows) will be held responsible to pay the full amount of time reserved. Cancellation fees must be paid prior to future bookings.
We understand scheduling conflicts arise and will work with you to accommodate your schedule as much as possible. Please respect our studio schedule as we need to keep these studios busy to pay the bills, and we also want to make sure we can get everyone in that needs to practice that day.
- Ensuring you get a studio when you need it
The best thing is to book the studio with as much notice that you are comfortable giving, but at least two days in advance is recommended. With that said, don’t schedule a studio until you are 100% sure that all your band members will be able to make it.
- Thing to consider while using the hourly studios
If you need extra gear that isn’t in your studio, please ask the office for assistance. DO NOT go into other studios and grab equipment.
Put the studio back to the way it was when you arrived. If you rearrange the drums, please put them back together. Wrap up cords, clean up your garbage and make sure you have all of your belongings.
Keep your rehearsals within the times that you have reserved. You are expected to be cleared out and paid up within this time period. If you need more time please notify the office.
Never take the speaker cables off of the guitar or bass amps. If someone turns on a tube amplifier and there is no speaker cable connected, it will blow out the amp and you will be responsible for the repairs (which could be anywhere between $200-$800+)
Beverages are allowed in the studios but spilling is not. Accidents happen, but if you spill please tell someone in the office so we can take care of it right away. If your group has a chronic habit of spilling you will be charged $10 per incident to cover cleaning costs.
Do not set beverages on amps.
Keep your studio door closed at all times whenever you are playing.
WiFi (wireless internet access) is broadcasted throughout the building.
- Gear provided in hourly studios
The following gear is what we have for hourly rehearsal studios.* Please keep in mind that we can’t guarantee that you get the exact model drum set and guitar amp as someone else may have reserved it, and some of the gear like drums and bass amps are designated to certain studios. With that said you can always let us know what you would prefer to have, and we’ll do our best to accommodate your requests. But be assured that all the gear is in good working condition and will serve your needs. You are also welcome to bring in your own gear, if that is what you prefer to use.
- Mesa Boogie Single Rectifier: 50 watt guitar amp (2 channel)
- Mesa Boogie F50: 50 watt guitar amp (2 channel)
- Mesa Boogie Double Rectifier Tremoverb: 100 watt guitar amp (2 channel)
- Fender Band Master (black face): 40 watt guitar amp (1 channel)
- Ampeg VH-140c: 140 watt solid state guitar amp (2 channel)
- Peavey 5150: 120 watt tube guitar amp (2 channel, original block letter series)
- 6 guitar 4x12" cabinets: 2-Mesa, 1-Marshall, 2-Peavey, 1-Saldano
- Ampeg SVT II: 350 watt tube bass amp
- Ampeg BR2e: 450watt solid state bass amp
- Ampeg BR1: 300 watt solid state bass amp
- Gallien-Krueger Backlin 600: 300 watt solid state bass amp
- 1 Ampeg 8x10" bass cabinet
- 2 Ampeg HE 4x10" bass cabinets
- 1 Ampeg HLF 4x10" bass cabinet
- Ampeg BA115: bass combo amp
- 6 piece Gretsch Catalina Birch
- 6 piece Mapex Mars Series
- 5 piece Mapex Mars Series
- 5 piece Yamaha DP Series Drum Set
- All drum sets include single bass pedal, hi hat cymbals with stand, ride cymbal with stand and 2 crash cymbal stands (crash cymbals not included but can be rented for $5)
*All studios are already set up with one drum set, bass amp, keyboard, PA with 3 microphones and stands, and guitar amps upon request.