- How much are lessons?
Lessons cost $25 per half-hour session and include opportunities to participate in a number of other events for free or at a discount. Events include Student jams, recitals, and a number of classes, many of which utilize our professional recording studio, Blast House Studios (www.blasthousestudios.com).
- When do I pay for lessons?
The first lesson is a trial lesson and payment ($25) is due at the time of the lesson. If you continue, then lessons are typically paid monthly. Students pay their instructor directly (cash or check only).
- When are lessons held?
Lessons take place in the afternoons and evenings, seven days a week. Lessons are typically once per week. We find a time that works for you and then stick to that same day and time every week.
- Where are lessons held?
Lessons take place exclusively at our main facility near the intersection of the Beltline Highway and Fish Hatchery Road (2818 Index Road, Fitchburg, WI). Click here for map.
- Are there age restrictions?
We have students ranging in age from 3 to 80 years old. All of our instructors are very good with kids, and many have children of their own.
- Are there group lessons?
We recognize the importance of collaborating with other musicians, and we offer frequent group activities for our students (workshops, classes, student jams, etc). However, we do not offer group music lessons because the single most effective way to learn an instrument is in a private, one on one setting with one student and one instructor.
- Can a family member and I both take lessons at the same time?
We are often able to find two different instructors with the same open time for your convenience. If you want the same instructor, we can usually find an hour long block of time for back to back lessons.
- Do I need my own instrument or do you rent instruments?
Students should bring their own instrument for lessons (we provide pianos, drum sets and guitar/bass amps). Currently we do not rent instruments. Contact us if you would like help finding a good place to shop for instruments. We will get you pointed in the right direction.
- If I can't make it to my lesson, who do I contact?
It's best to contact your instructor directly. If you're having trouble reaching him or her, then call the Foundry.
- If I can't make it to my lesson, do I have to pay?
The short answer is yes. However, every instructor has their own policy, so you should discuss it with them. Here are a few reasons why we think it's important to pay for every lesson:
- Part of what your paying for is your time slot. Your instructor is saving that spot for you whether or not you make it.
- Many instructors are willing to do makeups if their schedule allows. If you have to cancel, be sure to ask them about a makeup.
- There's a good chance you'll be more motivated to go if you're paying for it.
- Instructors are earning a living by teaching. It's a struggle for so many musicians to get by. We and they greatly appreciate your understanding that their time is valuable.
- Do you sell gift certificates for lessons?
Yes, we have gift certificates for purchase in the office or click here to order online.
- How do I get started?